We are proud to be part of the Melbourne Eastern Healthcare Village, which opened three years ago in Boronia. MEHV is co-located with the Melbourne Eastern Private Hospital, and is a cooperative development between the Hospital and the Doctors Care Network.
DCN was formed over 10 years ago by GPs from 18 local practices, who founded the successful After Hours Clinic at the site. This has resulted in a vibrant network of over 200 GPs whose patients have used this service. DCN has now established a broad range of over 30 medical and surgical specialists within the purpose-built centre. Together with a comprehensive array of allied health, diagnostic and pharmacy services, the facility represents a quality destination for a full range of coordinated health care.
The outer eastern suburbs have always been undersupplied with health services, including GPs. MEHV is a state-of-the art hub that GPs can confidently refer their patients to, whilst continuing to work in their existing practices. GPs can network with the specialists and other professionals, and expect high standards of communication and care. DCN’s consulting suites also feature a separate conference area, proving popular for both GP educational and social meetings.
We hope you find the updated specialist/allied health listings useful, and welcome your suggestions regarding any other specialists/professionals you would like to see joining the centre.
The picture was taken by Dr. Michael Sosnin on 1st August 2012.
The following specialists are consulting at the specialist suites. For a more accurate listing of all the specialists, services and fees, and how to make an appointment, go to the specialists page:
- Centurion Sleep Services (inc. resp physician, Dr Penny Wong)
- Gastrolab...breath testing
- Gary Liew, plastics
- Charles Han, Paul Ruljancich & Joe Thomas, urologists
- Reg Hanson & Ken Tan..gastroenterologists
- Frank Chen...colorectal
- Doug Czarnecki, dermatology
- Shilpa Verma..endocrinology
- Peter Lugg, orthopaedic surgeon
- Anamitra Sarkar, general surgeon
- Lionel Lim...oncologist
- James Pang, Brenton Tay & Sunil Thota..geriatricians & general physicians
- Vinay Kumar, Victoria Pearse & Susan Graham...psychiatrists
- Yong Lee & John Ly, neurology
- Qiang Li, rheumatology
- Nicole Yap, general surgeon
- Hamish Curry, foot & ankle surgeon
- David Lau, general & renal physician
- Andrew Gillman, allergy / sleep / respiratory physician
- Nicole Robins-Browne, general paediatrician
- David Cutting, paediatrician & allergist
- Peter Trowbridge & Virochana Kaul, obstetrician & gyanecologists
- Domenic Robinson & Joy Wong, vascular & endovascular surgeons
- Allied health groups